First Second Books has a great presence at many cons, and Emerald City Comic Con (ECCC) is no exception! First Second Books will be hosting many authors of books and graphic novels at ECCC, which will be held from March 2-5, 2017. Their booth #1602 on the exhibit floor, will be the place to meet authors, attend free signings and find giveaways of books, advance reader copies, and exclusive print posters.
- Gene Luen Yang (Reading Without Walls Program)
- Penelope Bagieu (California Dreamin’)
- Scott Westerfeld (Uglies, Leviathan, Spill Zone)
- Nidhi Chanani (Pashmina)
- Falynn Koch (Science Comics)
- Mike Lawrence (Star Scouts)
- Jessixa Bagley (Before I Leave, Boats for Papa, and Laundry Day)
First Second will also be hosting a number of panels, including an offsite at the Seattle Public Library:
- Off-site event @ Seattle Public Library on (3/3) featuring Gene Yang, Scott Westerfeld, Box Brown, Penelope Bagieu, and Matt Loux, 7:00–8:30 pm, Microsoft Auditorium
- Departing Neverland: In-Conversation with Five Fantastic YA Creators (3/3) featuring Scott Westerfeld, Nidhi Chanani, Natalie Riess, and Ashley Poston, 2:45-3:45 pm, WSCC 603
- From the Screen to the Page… and Beyond (3/4) featuring Box Brown, Holly Conrad, Matt Loux, and Ben Blacker, 2:45-3:45 pm, WSCC 603
- Mirrors & Windows: Reflecting Diversity (3/5) featuring Nidhi Chanani, Gene Luen Yang, Mike Lawrence, Ngozi Ukazu, and Jessixa Bagley, 12:00-1:00 pm, WSCC 603
- Drawn That Way (3/5) featuring Penelope Bagieu, MK Reed, Nidhi Chanani, G. Willow Wilson, and Thi Bui, 3:45-4:45 pm, WSCC 603
If you’re into books and graphic novels, then First Second has something for you!
Planning to attend ECCC? Join the conversation on FoCC!